Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Ball Python as a pet


Hello Everyone,In today's society people are still afraid of snakes. I might ask you, why? OK, some snakes may be a bit aggressive, but that number is very minimal. I'm talking about maybe three or four species.

Ball pythons are a snake to get started with, because of how docile they are. Another great fact about them is they do not get very large, in fact they are considered a small snake ranging from 4-5 feet. They are also cheaper to feed than dogs, cats, even birds. They only eat once every week, and can even go up to two weeks without eating.

I have owned Ball Pythons, now for a little over seven years. My wife and I started out with one because she herself was afraid of them. That was until we got her home and my wife started handling her. Her I keep saying, Bonnie is what we named her. My wife now loves them as much as I do. This means a lot, due to the fact that she was scared of them before Bonnie. We now own eleven Ball Pythons.

From the time my daughter "Angelica" was just a baby she has held and helped feed our snakes. She actually looks forward to helping us with them and enjoys the responsibility of misting the cages everyday. I feel as though this is teaching her how to be an ethical person. So not only is she learning about snakes, but she is bettering herself. She knows the snakes rely on her to help them live, they return the favor by being a great pet.

I hope you have liked this blog, I will keep posting and if you're interested in learning more about Ball Pythons or looking to buy one, then you should stop by our site.

Eric Rovegno
http://www.ballpythonplanet.com/

No comments: